Idling Gets You Nowhere
What is the No Idling campaign?
The No Idling campaign is a collaboration with the Central Coast Clean Cities Coaliton (C5) and the San Luis Obispo Air Pollution Control District (APCD) to promote idle awareness in San Luis Obispo, particularly with the local public schools.
Many people do not realize that idling is extremely harmful for the environment as it contributes to greenhouse gas emissions and increases fuel dependency and costs. Air quality decreases which results in a negative impact on both the health of drivers and the public. As a driver, always remember to never sit in your car with the engine, air conditioning or heating on without the intention to drive.
5 Reasons Not to Idle
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Decreases fuel costs and dependency
- Improves air quality and contributes to a clean environment
- Decreases need for unnecessary engine maintenance
- Improves overall health of citizens